Friday, July 30, 2010

A Boring But Happy Day

Hey readers, this is another modern poetry that I wrote today! Hope you like it!


From the sunlight out the window,
I am seating at my desk casted by a shadow,
Using my computer,
Busy checking my twitter.

This is in the midday,
Of a sunny Saturday,
I look at the clock and it tells me three,
Besides twittering I have nothing else to do and am very free.

So I decided to sit down here and write a poetry,
To show the readers my artistry,
And as to kill time slow and gently
Without doing things violently.

While brainstorming as I walk around the area of my old neighbourhood,
I seem to remember the memory of my childhood,
For this surroundings are still planted with the same old sugar cane,
Which now seems to me like a memory lane.

Ten years haven't dimmed the thrill of the fun,
Of good moments shared with my friends under the happy sun,
The good old times are always the best,
For it is different from the rest.

Well the glowing afternoon seems very long,
But it didn't bother me because I'm having fun walking and listening to my favourite song,
And in this moment of calm and peace,
Is where I get the ideas for my latest masterpiece.




By,
Tan Wee Boon 31 July 2010
Copyrighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment