Friday, July 30, 2010

The 21st Century Life

This is an original poetry that I came up with during English class in tuition. It's part of the assignment. Guess what? I got an A+, so I decided to share this with you guys, enjoy!


My parents used to tell straight into my ears,
That life was hard and poor back then in fifty years,
Working day and night but nothing seemed to improve,
Still, I'm sceptical about the story as there were no proof.

Right now, I'm always busy,
Because this is the 21st century life, which is very lousy,
I barely have the chance to rest in my cozy cushion,
Because for me, my daily schedule is filled with tuition.

Back then, my parents barely see a phone,
But now, even a four-year old kid has a fancy mobile phone,
Life changes, like the value of gold
Everything is now going old.

Modern life is full of obstacles,
But life must go on, said my father wearing his spectacles,
The society is turning bad,
This makes me very sad.

At least my parents got to work at young age,
Unlike me, who is stuck in the house like a bird in a cage,
Because it is not safe to go out now,
So I might as well stay in the house with my dog, named Cow.

Things are getting more and more expensive,
Life is just explosive,
Oh my poor pocket,
It's unbelievable how much I spend a day, my eyes nearly pop out of its socket.



By,
Tan Wee Boon.
Copyrighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment